Things you should be looking at.

Monday, December 10, 2007

I talk funny

Really, I've been told repeatedly that I talk funny. A few times in downtown Minneapolis, I was asked what *country* I was from. I guess I decided that this was a result of being raised by New Yorkers in southern Minnesota, then going to theatre school where the4y try to drive regionalisms out of one's speaking habits. I'm told here in upstate NY that I talk funny, too.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
The South
 
Philadelphia
 
North Central
 
The West
 
Boston
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


How about you? The quiz takes a maximum of 3 minutes to complete.

3 comments:

Brad said...

Don't forget that you look funny as well.

Jamie said...

I basically have a Southern accent with inclusions from Minnesota and California. However, my speech patterns and word choices are still basically Texas.

J.

Andrew said...

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.


I have a face for radio, that's for sure...