Things you should be looking at.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jonathan Coulton Kicks Ass

I'm loving the work of Jonathan Coulton. All songs below released with Creative Commons license.

However, you should go buy a bunch of his stuff after listening to it.

Code Monkey
Yay, monkeys. This is not autobiographical, but I did indeed used to have a job writing software. VB! MS SQL! I affectionately referred to myself and my co-developers as code monkeys, especially when a client asked me a question that I didn’t want to answer (”What do I know? I’m just a code monkey.”).

Listen

Download
More info


Re: Your Brains
If Hollywood has taught us anything, it’s that being trapped in a mall surrounded by a million zombies would be really troublesome. But how much more annoying would it be if the head zombie used to be your co-worker, and he was kind of a prick even before he got infected? And now he’s right outside and he just keeps talking and talking - still the same jackass, only now he wants to eat your brains?

Listen

Download
More info


ShopVac
A song about "Suburban Angst"
Listen

Download
More info
Video of live performance (YouTube)



I Feel Fantastic
Listen

Download
More info


Cover of Baby Got Back
In the proud tradition of many white Americans who came before me I hereby steal and white-ify this thick and juicy piece of black culture. Watch for my album “Jonathan Coulton Sings Songs by Black People.”

Listen

Download
More info
Performed live with Paul and Storm singing backup:


My Monkey
Listen

Download
More info

Tom Cruise Crazy
Listen

Download
More info
Live with Kristen Shirts and backup singers Paul and Storm from Da Vinci's Notebook:



Interview with Coulton:

No comments: