Things you should be looking at.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Richard Dawkins meets Ted Haggard

Noted atheist Richard Dawkins meets with fundamentalist preacher Ted Haggard. Haggard, who has repeatedly spoken out against gay marriage and condemned homosexuality, has recently been outed as a drug-user who repeatedly hired the services of a male prostitute.

This clip is from Dawkin's The Root of All Evil? . I have a copy of this two-part series, so if you know me personally and ask nicely, I'll loan it to you. :)

1 comment:

Daniel Nagel said...

An excellent series, highly recommended. I disagree however with Dawkins in that you can prevent children from becoming religious, if you somehow force the parents to stop teaching it. I am an atheist, but I think you cannot possibly do that and you also should not.
If you want to know more about the guy, who outed Haggard, read it at:
[url]http://radaronline.com/features/2006/11/confessions_of_an_angry_hustler_rev_ted_haggard.php[/url]