Things you should be looking at.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Documentary Film: Sketches of Frank Gehry


I may have mentioned that my wife is a professor of art and design history. I understand her passion to be for the history of visual culture, and she has a special love for architecture. These interests have so penetrated my thinking that I'm actually very excited to see the upcomming film, Sketches of Frank Gehry. I first became aware of Gehry while noticing the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum at the University of Minnesota.

IMDb
Wikipedia entry on Gehry

Trailer for the film
(Quicktime)
Reviews of the film at Metacritic

6 comments:

X said...

Fucking Gehry...

David Rothman said...

Care to elaborate, X?

X said...

I gotta rant brewing about that guy. It might take a while.

X said...

...and about "celebrity architects" in general...

Word Verification: "laala"

David Rothman said...

I'm ready to hear the rant when you got it, X. I thought the movie looked interesting, though.

I don't know anything about the man, just that his buildings are completely absurd- and in that, I find them entertaining.

We watched a documentary on Frank Lloyd Wright last week. Geez, what a DICK.

X said...

There you go.